Welcome to Hollywood Dog Training School and Karl's Kitty City! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to service you and your pet(s). We are happy to answer any questions you might have, at any time. Your cooperation and understanding is appreciated!
Bedding, Toys and Personal Items
Please leave ALL sentimental items AT HOME.
We will only accept bedding that is machine washable. We will not be able to take in any beds that have removable covers.
We use a permanent marker to write your name on ALL incoming items so that we can keep track of them. We do our very best to care for your pet's belongings, BUT...dogs who are sweet angels at home may act differently when staying at the kennel.
Please note that bedding and toys may come back in worse condition than when you brought them in. If they're ruined altogether, we will discard the item(s). We are not responsible for any soiled or lost bedding, toys, or other personal items.
When it Comes to Fleas, There Are No Guarantees
Although we cannot guarantee a flea-free environment in an animal community, we are very committed to flea control.
Any animal entering the kennel or cattery with fleas will be sprayed, bathed, treated or dipped, depending on the severity of the flea condition. Please note that there is a charge for this service. If your animal is sensitive to certain chemicals, we will work with you to find a suitable alternative.
Grooming Shop Flea Bath and Dip Policy
If we give your pet a flea bath or dip and you notice fleas on your animal after it goes home, contact us within 24 hours of the grooming appointment and we will re-bathe your animal for FREE. Please be aware flea baths DO NOT keep fleas off your pet. The dip kills fleas for 4 to 7 days. However, fleas require several hours of exposure to die. Therefore, you may see fleas on your pet at home if they are in your house and/or yard. Please specify if you want a pesticide bath and/or dip. We cannot guarantee the herbal products used in our standard baths.
Even though an animal is treated for fleas, it can pick them up in a flea-infested environment such as your house, yard, or even your car. If you repeatedly find fleas on your animal after grooming, then we recommend finding another solution. Re-bathing your pet will be not be effective if it is going to go home to a flea-infested environment. Please ask us for additional information regarding breaking the flea cycle in your home.
We feed dogs “Natural Balance Ultra” dog food, which is a baked kibble for dogs of all ages. We moisten the food with water and add a small amount of “Natural Balance Chicken Formula.” If you would like information regarding the specific ingredients of either food, please do not hesitate to ask.
We DO NOT provide other food such as Lamb & Rice, Eukanuba, low calorie foods or canned food. If your dog is on a special diet or you prefer to continue the same eating plan that you have at home, you will need to bring the food for your dog's stay. Please note that there is a $2.75 service fee for the preparation of your dog's special meal. The cost of boarding includes 1 feeding in the morning. There is a $2.75 service fee for an additional, second feeding.
Pick Up and Delivery
For your convenience, we offer a pick up and delivery service for your pet. The charge for this service is based upon distance and the time involved for a round trip, door-to-door. A four-hour window for pick up & delivery is required. We will either pick up between 9am-12:00pm or 1:00pm-4:00pm. Someone must be home to meet our driver when we pick up or deliver your pet. If you will not be home, you may authorize someone else to release or receive your pet on your behalf. A suitable person is someone who is able to handle your pet safely and secure him/her in your yard or house. NOTE: All pick-ups and deliveries must be scheduled in ADVANCE so we can schedule a vehicle and staff.
- The rate for pick-ups and deliveries is $1.00/minute, round-trip, door-to-door. For example, if the driver leaves HDTS at 10:00 am and returns at 11:00 am, the charge would be $60.
- We require a credit card to be on file in order to schedule a pick-up or delivery.
- Before the driver leaves HDTS to deliver your pet(s), we will run the card on file for all boarding and incidental charges (including any pick-up charges, if applicable). Once the driver returns to HDTS, we will run the card on file for the delivery charge.
- We that you make any pick-up/delivery reservations at least 48 hours in advance in order for us to schedule accordingly, otherwise, a $25 surcharge may be implemented for last-minute scheduling.
- A $25 deposit is required in order to book a pick-up or delivery. The deposit will be refunded as long as you cancel at least 1 business day (24 hours) prior to the scheduled pick-up/delivery. For example, if we are scheduled to either pick up or deliver your pet(s) on Friday between 9am-12pm, you would need to call us prior to Thursday 9am to cancel, in order to get your deposit back.
We require all dogs coming in for boarding or grooming to have the following vaccinations:
- DHLP-PARVO – 1, 2, or 3 year booster.
- Bordatella – 6 month or 1 year booster.
- Rabies – 1 or 3 year booster for all dogs 1 year and older.
We require all cats coming in for boarding or grooming to have the following vaccinations:
- FVRCP – 1 or 3 year booster.
- Rabies – 1 or 3 year booster for cats that are indoor/outdoor and 1 year or older. NOTE: For cats that are strictly indoor only, the FVRCP is the only requirement.
- Both vaccines must be done 14 days prior to the first day of boarding if one or both vaccines are expired.
You may either update your pet's vaccinations annually, or you may choose to get a Titer test. A Titer Test is a blood test that measures current immunity in your pet's system. For more information, contact your vet.
Daily Schedule and Activity Summary
A Dog's Life!
- Dogs are fed their morning feed around 7:30 am.
- Our dog runs are scooped 3x/day.
- Water buckets are checked and changed 7x/day.
- Dogs in Doggie Daycare play from approximately 10:00 am - 4:00 pm (fees apply).
- Dogs are fed optional second feeds around 2:30 pm (fees apply).
- All of our kennel buildings are heated in the winter and cooled in the summer.
- Doggie Daycare hours are Monday - Friday 10:00 am - 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm. However, you may drop off as early as 8:00 and pick up as late as 6:00 pm.
The Cat's Meow!
- Cats are fed their morning feed around 8:30am.
- Litter boxes are scooped 2x/day.
- Water bowls are changed daily.
- Cats participating in Community are out from approximately 10:00 am - 4:00pm.
- Cats are fed their included evening feed around 4:30 pm (free).
- Our cattery is climate controlled to stay between 68-72 degrees.
- We offer optional cat grooming services including nail trims, baths and haircuts (fees apply).
Additional Pet Perks
- We have a refrigerator, freezer, stove & microwave to accommodate
special diets (fees apply).
- Medication can be administered up to 3x/day (fees apply).
- We sanitize and disinfect all our kennel and cattery buildings daily.
- We launder and provide clean bedding to all of our dog and cat boarders.
- We monitor all dogs and cats daily for eating, elimination & behavior habits.